We suggest burning your candle until the whole top surface becomes liquid. This may take 2 to 4 hours, especially during the first burning. This allows your candle to burn evenly and will extend the life and beauty of your candle.
Once your candle has cooled, trim your wick to 1/8” to 3/16” each time you burn it. You will notice a small amount of ash at the top of your wooden wick once burned. This should be cut with wick trimmers or broken off with your finger. If the wick is too long your candle may not burn properly.
- Always keep your burning candle within sight
- Never burn your candle near anything that may catch fire
- Keep your burning candle away from children and pets
- Burn your candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings and other debris
- Burn your candles away from drafts, vents, and ceiling fans
- Do not burn your candle all the way down – leave ½” of wax
- Never touch or move a burning candle
- Extinguish your candle if it smokes excessively or the flame burns too high